Tuesday 5 March 2013

stoker -A painfully fun film to watch

                                               Stoker (2013) Poster
director-chan woo park
cast -mia wasikowska, nicole kidman , matthew goode
gerne- drama , mystery , thriller
my rating-9.5/10

A tale of an 18 year old girl who's dad dies. Her uncle shows up right after her fathers death and the family dynamic is a treat. The movie follows her, and is a bunch of fun to watch. Just like Park's other films there is a hint of comedy in the movie to keep your uneasiness at bay.

After a day or two to decompress this movie....I loved it! It was a bunch of fun, and kept me hooked the entire time. I love the directorial style that Chan-wook Park brings to all his movies, they are visual masterpieces to watch. This is Park's English debut, and man did he nail it.

I've seen complaints about the story, script, etc. and I have to say...I loved the whole setup. My only complaint was that they introduced a cool aspect to the family that is never explored in the film, and though it comes off as important, never goes anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment